Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Discuss best practices and workflow advice for Surface Guided Radiation Therapy on all treatment sites.
By eclobb2
Hello,

When a patient has multiple plans with multiple isocenters that have been exported from Eclipse, what is your process for determining which one is which in the import window on the AlignRT computer? For example, perhaps there is an initial plan and a boost plan that were exported for a patient and each has their own isocenter. When I am choosing the RT Plan file for import in AlignRT, how do I know which is which BEFORE importing?

Is there a way to have the RTPlan file labeled at the time of export by Eclipse (instead of the generic RP.x.x.x.x.x... format), or a way to configure AlignRT to display the plan name from the DICOM information on the import window?

Even if we import both and try to figure it out afterward that seems not trivial since the AlignRT isocenter coordinates don't match up directly with Eclipse after resetting user origin to get delta couch shift values. Working out which plan is which based on adding/subtracting DICOM offsets from Eclipse isocenter values seems unnecessarily complex considering the information we need (plan name) is right in the DICOM headers.

I appreciate any advice you can offer!

Eric
Correcting my second point about post-import labeling...I was not aware about the RT Plan label coming over with the import once opened in RECORD mode so that actually helps a lot. Thank you to the person who pointed that out to me!
By ellen_herron_bsrtt
I'm not sure if there is a perfect solution out there for this but we look at the date and time plan/structure was sent over. Most of our boost plans are sent at later date. If a patient has multiple iso's starting at the same time then we either have them send it a minute apart so we know which is which or take a guess. When the plan label comes over we either continue on if correct or delete and re-send the other if incorrect.
By chris_mcguinness
You can also create a separate folder for the boost plan.  You can do this at the time of export from Eclipse. This way whoever is importing knows which set of dicom files should be imported for the breast plan and which for the boost. And they can also confirm the Plan ID when importing.
By meral_reyhan
In Aria/Eclipse when you set up your export filter for OSMS/VisionRT you can select the Default Filename Creation as PatientID+Object suffix.  The dicom plans end up being named like: RP.012345.LBreast_FiF.dcm.  In our clinic primary and boost plans are named differently, so it works.
By robert_kover
We also go by time stamps. If there are multiple plans, we will import the first, at say 10am. We will do all the work needed in AlignRT and in Record and Verify (Mosaiq for us). When it is time to import the second plan, maybe 10:30, then we are then able to tell them apart.

But I agree, it would be WAY better if the file names could be more useful. (And if patient names could be sorted alphabetically in Browse Patient!)

doc