Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Share thoughts on frameless, maskless stereotactic radiosurgery with SGRT.
By dustin_jacqmin
When my vendor of SGRT technology installs their surface imaging cameras, they configure the cameras in a number of ways to optimize camera performance. This process is repeated annually during preventative maintenance. For my vendor's technology (AlignRT) this consists of optimizing the following:

Optimizing exposure settings
Optimizing focus of the cameras
Optimizing focus of the projection pattern
Performing an advanced optics calibration

Here is my questions: Do you ask your service engineer to do this in a particular way for a machine that primarily treats SRS? For example, do you ask the engineer to focus the cameras and projector at a certain distance from isocenter that is more representative of SRS conditions? Or does your vendor follow the standard procedures?

I ask this because my service engineer expressed to me that he did not know the best way to make the system more accurate for SRS, and asked me what I wanted him to do. Perhaps you or your service engineers have more experience with this particular question.

Warm regards,

Dustin
By The SGRT Community
From Vision RT; we don’t optimise the cameras differently for different body sites. The cameras are set up the same irrespective of site they are used for. This provides us with very high precision for all treatment sites, and not just SRS. We highly recommend all systems that perform SRS treatments have the SRS calibration module (for cube calibration), which allows greater accuracy with couch rotations. Also, during the installation we apply what is known as an Advanced Camera Optimization (ACO)* which ensures greater accuracy and stability for SRS treatments and all other treatment sites. If you have specific questions regarding your set up or need further help please contact your local support team and they will assist further’.

*Advanced Camera Optimisation (ACO) is a service performed procedure introduced to optimize the accuracy and stability of 6DOF tracking over a large field of view (FOV). Using a series of proprietary algorithms and techniques, the ACO procedure includes fine-tuning the optical setup and generating a 3D calibration model by acquiring multiple images of a precision manufactured ACO calibration plate as it is positioned throughout a 3D volume. The images are captured across a large FOV, resulting in 3D calibration data that is designed to encompass all typical clinical surface locations.