Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Discuss best practices and workflow advice for Surface Guided Radiation Therapy on all treatment sites.
By mohd_khairul_mohd_zambri
Hi our centre have Varian TrueBeam but never fully utilise the machine. May I know what vision RT can do? I am a newbie radiation therapist in my department.

Thanks.
By ellen_herron_bsrtt
We rely solely on Vision RT  for setting patients up everyday. It has proven to be more efficient and more accurate than marks in most cases. We have the majority of our patients in 10 min time slots because of how efficient the process is. Here are a few of the top features I can think of:

-Using the software you can read SSDs from outside the room (one of the best features ever)

-Tracks patient movement during treatment. Allows adjustment to previous position before movement occurred.

-Can treat patients using no marks. We refer to Vision RT as our "digital marks".

-Can re-create deflated vac locs by setting up to DICOM image instead of having patient re-ct'd and re-planned.

-Allows treatment capabilities for deep inspiration breath hold patients.

-works great for extremity patients. Detects roll and rotation and can be fixed before leaving the room. (prior to using it would take multiple attempt to fix this from CBCT or ports)

Let me know if you have more questions!

Ellen Herron BSRT(T)

Hi Ellen,

Is it really complicated to use sgrt? Is there any guidelines that I can refer too or read? I would like to learn more about sgrt that will help my dept to be first in my country using the product.
By ellen_herron_bsrtt
Not complicated. Actually simplified. You just have to change your way of thinking. As therapist we are used to marks or tattoos because that is how we were taught. Marks or tattoos are on the skin's surface. That is also what Align RT is picking up but can pick up the whole region of interest you are treating rather than just on the crosshairs. It can detect movements needed to be made and can do it more precisely than your eyes. We even use it on our patients who use masks. By using Align RT as our "digital marks" we have learned that we have been over moving patients over the years according to their skin marks. You have to trust the system  and for us that took a few weeks. We kept marks on and filmed most patients to prove to ourselves the systems accuracy. It worked and we have never looked back!

That would be awesome to be the  first in your country! Let me look and see if I have notes or tips I have taken over the years that I can provide you with.
By serpil_wilson_ms_dabr
We have been using AlignRt on Varian 21ix for 2 years.In addition to all other applications Ellen mentioned,  with Varian Isocal in place,  we use open mask, and VisionRT Head adjuster (- table head extension with 3 degree rotational freedom) to do SRS , SRT treatments successfully.
Hi Ellen,

please do if you have any tips and protocol. thanks Ellen.
By maegan_m_hall
Hi everyone, we are about to get our vision rt installed, does anyone have any policies/procedures I could take a look at that your clinic uses?
By lindsey_askew
Hi everyone,

We are also about to get vision RT. All policies/procedures that others use would be very helpful. Does anyone use a checklist of any kind when using vision RT?