Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Discuss best practices and workflow advice for Surface Guided Radiation Therapy on all treatment sites.
By dustin_jacqmin
Hey SGRT Community,

This is a question primarily for physicists. I would like to know how users of AlignRT/OSMS perform ongoing QA of SGRT treatments. A previous institution I worked for had the C-RAD Catalyst system. One nice thing about this system is that you could install a client version of the software on your desktop computer and review of the treatment history for all of your patients. You could see a snapshot of the surface alignment and a full record of the patient position during treatment. During my weekly chart checks, I reviewed the data from the previous week in the C-RAD client software and occasionally identified opportunities to adjust or improve the use of the system.

I would love to perform this sort of off-line weekly QA with OSMS/AlignRT, but I do not believe the software supports this sort of review and evaluation at this time. In lieu of this, I make regular trips to the machine to ask the therapists how things are going and occasionally tag along for treatments, but this is impossible to do for every treatment.

I'd like to know how other users of OSMS/AlignRT perform patient-specific QA? Have you found a way to perform similar tasks on the OSMS/AlignRT workstation itself? Have you developed custom software for this purpose?

Dustin
By michael_tallhamer_msc_dabr
Dustin,

You can set the software to export a very detailed report of all the parameters you are looking for for every fraction. Those reports can go to a simple network storage location where you can access it from whatever location you wish for chart checks. You also don't need any additional software installation to review the information since it is in a simple PDF report. They can be simply reviewed or imported and approved by both physics and the physician in the patient's electronic medical record in order to document the review itself as part of the patient's weekly management.

If you wish to do real-time tracking and trending you can also set the system to record all the realtime deltas to a separate csv file and use your favorite software to trend and track the data over one, some, or all fractions. I chose to write my own but you can use an MS Excel template and get some really fine grain running stats of some or all of the setup data with very little effort and time.

Best Regards,

Mike