Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Share thoughts and ideas about SGRT in general and the SGRT Community.
By EnisOzyar Turkey flag
Are there any new users experience with Ethos and RT-Vision ?
By laurence_delombaerde
Hello Enis,
we do not have Ethos but Halcyon in our clinic (which is geometrically the same machine with the same patient setup workflow) combined with AlignRT with the InBore system. We use AlignRT for patient setup and motion monitoring with the InBore system (and DIBH for breast and lymphoma patients). We find this a convenient workflow very similar to the use on TrueBeam. We do not use Varian's 'DeltaCouch' option as this conflicts with the AlignRT workflow which is focussed on the iso and not the setup point. So we setup the patient using the normal AlignRT system in front of the bore and then shift longitudinally into the bore using the 'blue button workflow' of the Halcyon (which I suspect is identical on Ethos). We then switch on the AlignRT system to the InBore cameras (single button 'Treatment'). We keep monitoring during imaging and treatment to detect motion monitoring or guide the breath-hold. If the patient is treated in breath-hold, RTTs manually interrupt the treatment beam when the patient leaves the breath-hold level as there is no connection between AlignRT and Halcyon. This works quite well if you have fields/arcs < 25s as patients can do this in a single breath-hold and the patient can take a breath inbetween fields/arcs.

I cannot really comment on how to use AlignRT with Ethos but I would suspect that having motion monitoring on while the plan is adapted is a useful feature due to the length of this step.

Greetings,
Laurence
By EnisOzyar Turkey flag
Dear Laurance;

Thank you for your response. Do you use inbore SGRT during SBRT ? If yes, which indications ? Thank you.
By laurence_delombaerde
Hello Enis,

We don't do a lot of SBRT on Halcyon (we treat most of our SBRT patients on a TrueBeam STx).
If a patient is treated on Halcyon with SBRT we would use the same workflow, AlignRT for setup and InBore for motion monitoring. We would use narrower margins (e.g. SBRT Thorax protocol in AlignRT)

Greetings,
Laurence